Commercial Litigation & Business Disputes
The business and commercial litigation and disputes service provided by CBL Business Lawyers is tailored to your specific requirements and goals. We provide these services to all professions and industries in a professional, innovative and efficient manner, whether your company or business enterprise is large, medium or small. We also act as town agents for interstate and regional firms in providing commercial litigation agency services.
At CBL Business Lawyers we are experienced in dealing with commercial litigation and disputes in all Victorian Courts including the Magistrates Court, County Court, Supreme Court and in Commonwealth Courts including the Federal Court and the Federal Circuit Court. The systems that we have in place which adopt the latest technology streamline the process of the litigation. The use of technology, advanced file management systems and online filing of Court documents enables us to provide services to clients in a unique manner which meets the requirements of the modern business world, and to run commercial litigation in a way that most lawyers cannot.
CBL acts in all fields of commercial litigation. The strategies that we adopt in commercial litigation and disputes are results oriented to ensure the most favorable outcomes for our clients and to meet their commercial objectives. If you require assistance contact us for further advice.
Here are just some of the areas in which we can assist:
- Contractual Disputes involving commercial or business contracts and agreements, or in relation to share sale agreements, unit sale agreements and contracts of sale of business.
- Customer Disputes where a customer or client disputes a debt, fails to make payment or seeksto raise a set off or counterclaim against a debt.
- Supplier Disputes relating to breach of contract by a supplier or the supply of defective goods or services.
- Internal Disputes between shareholders, partners, unit holders and directors regarding the rights and obligations of the parties and in relation to shareholder agreements, unit holder agreements, partnership agreements and company constitutions.
- Business Premises disputes between landlords and tenants regarding leases and licenses.
- Intellectual Property litigation including infringement proceedings or defence of infringement proceedings for breach of trademarks, copyright or patents.
- Bankruptcy Proceedings including issuing or applying to set aside bankruptcy notices and including the prosecution or defence of sequestration proceedings.
- Winding Up Proceedings including issuing or applying to set aside creditors’ statutory demands and including the prosecution or defence of winding up proceedings.
- Default Judgments applying to set aside judgements or orders entered in default of defence.
- Legal Agency Services where we can act as your firm's town agent in Melbourne in providing you with commercial litigation agency services, including advising you on processes and procedures and filing Court documents for your clients.
- And there are many more areas in which CBL can provide your company or business with unparalleled legal advice and representation.
CBL has released the following publications relevant to this practice area:
- Implied Authority of Company Directors - Company Litigation & Disputes Article #1
- Dissolution of Partnership - Partnership Litigation & Disputes Article #1
- Termination of Contracts & Agreements - Business Contracts Litigation & Disputes Article #1
All other articles published by CBL Business Lawyers can be viewed via media and publications.
- Victorian Department of Justice: Government website containing links to all Victorian Courts and Tribunals and other useful information on going to Court
- Australian Legal Information Institute: Online free-access resource for Australian legal information containing case law and legislation for all States and the Commonwealth